- Preparation: Easy
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1½ lbs fresh Americas Asparagus, tough ends removed, and tied in a bundle
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 2 egg yolks
- juice of 1½ Olé Pacifica Baby Lemons
- Cook the bundle of asparagus in a tall pan of lightly salted, boiling water for 7-10 minutes.
- Drain well and arrange the asparagus in a serving dish. Reserve 1 cup of the cooking liquid.
- Blend the cornstarch with the cooled, reserved cooking liquid and place in a pan. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly, and cook over a gentle heat until the sauce thickens slightly. Remove the pan from the heat and leave to cool.
- Beat the egg yolks with the lemon juice and stir into the cooled sauce. Cook over a low heat, stirring constantly, until the sauce is thick. Be careful not to overheat the sauce or it may curdle. As soon as the sauce has thickened, remove the pan from the heat and continue stirring for 1 minute. Taste and season with salt. Leave the sauce to cool slightly.
- Stir the cooled lemon sauce, and then pour a little over the cooked asparagus. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving with the rest of the sauce.
Source: Best Ever Three & Four Ingredient Cookbook