- Preparation: Easy
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 9 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings
- 2 slices whole-wheat bread, crusts removed
- cooking spray
- 1 hard-boiled egg
- 3 Tbsp fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- ¼ tsp salt
- pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- 2 bunches fresh Americas Asparagus, cleaned and trimmed
- 1 Tbsp water
- Pulse the bread in a food processor until it becomes fine crumbs. Coat a medium nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat the pan over medium-high heat until hot. Lower the heat to medium, add the breadcrumbs, and toast, tossing often, until they are golden brown and toasted, 5 to 6 minutes. Remove from the heat and let cool completely.
- Peel, then grate the egg, using the medium holes of a box grater. Combine the egg, breadcrumbs, parsley, Parmesan, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl and toss to combine.
- Place the asparagus in a large microwave-safe bowl with the water. Cover tightly and microwave on high for 3 minutes. Drain well.
- Arrange the asparagus on a serving platter and sprinkle evenly with the topping.
Source: Quick & Fresh Magazine with Ellie Krieger