- Preparation: Easy
- Prep Time: 55 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- 4 medium Pacific Gold Russet Potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- ½ tsp dry mustard
- ⅛ tsp pepper
- ¾ cup American cheese, shredded
- 2 cups desired cooked vegetables or frozen mixed vegetables (such as broccoli, mushroom, onion, and sweet red pepper)
- Bake potatoes, scrub thoroughly and prick with a fork, in a 425°F oven for 40 to 60 minutes or until done. (Or use a MicroBaker potato, following directions on packaging.)
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan stir together the milk, cornstarch, mustard, and pepper. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Add the cheese, stirring until melted. Stir in the cooked vegetables and heat through.
- Cut potatoes into quarters lengthwise. Spoon vegetable mixture over potatoes.
Source: Better Homes and Gardens® New Dieter’s Cookbook