- Preparation: Easy
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings
- nonstick spray coating
- ½ cup Pacific Gold White Onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp seasoned salt or salt
- ⅛ tsp pepper
- 1 ½ cups skim milk
- 4 medium Pacific Gold Red Potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- ½ cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- fresh parsley, snipped (optional)
- For sauce, spray an unheated small saucepan with nonstick coating. Preheat over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic. Cook and stir until the onion is tender.
- In a small bowl combine flour, salt, and pepper. Gradually stir milk into flour mixture until smooth. Add to saucepan. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly.
- Spray a 1½ quart casserole with nonstick coating. Place half of the potatoes in the casserole. Top with half of the sauce. Repeat layers with remaining potatoes and sauce.
- Bake, covered, in a 350°F oven for 40 minutes. Uncover and bake about 30 minutes more until potatoes are tender. Remove from oven and sprinkle with cheese. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. If desired, garnish with parsley.
Source: Better Homes and Gardens® New Dieter’s Cookbook