- Preparation: Easy
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Chill Time: 5 – 6 hours
- Yield: 4 – 6 servings
- ⅔ cup water
- ¼: cup caster (superfine) sugar
- 1 Olé Pacifica Limes
- 14 oz fresh Olé Pacifica Coconut Water
- toasted coconut shavings, to decorate
- Pour water in a small pan. Tip in the caster sugar and bring to a boil, stirring constantly until the sugar has completely dissolved. Remove the pan from the heat and leave the syrup to cool, and then chill well.
- Make a cut in the tops of the coconuts and drain out the coconut water, set aside. Cut coconuts in half. Using a spoon scrape all the coconut meat from the inside. Shave slices using a vegetable peeler, then toast under a moderate broiler until they are curled and the edges have turned golden.
- Grate the rind from the limes finely, taking care to avoid the bitter pith. Squeeze out their juice and add to the pan of syrup with the rind. Add the coconut water.
- Pour the mixture into a freezer proof container and freeze for 5-6 hours, or until firm. Beat twice with a fork or electric whisk, or process in a food processor to break up the crystals. Scoop into dishes and decorate with toasted coconut shavings.
Source: Best Ever Three & Four Ingredient Cookbook by Jenny White & Joanna Farrow