- Preparation: Easy
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings
- 1 MicroBaker Organic Russet Potato
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 2 tbsp grated cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
- crumbled bacon to taste (optional)
- chopped scallions to taste (optional)
- Preheat broiler.
- Following MicroBaker potato instructions on the package, place unopened, sealed MicroBaker potato in the microwave. Do NOT put puncture holes in the wrap! Cook potato on HIGH for 7-8 minutes. Cooking times may vary. Potatoes may whistle in microwave. Use caution when removing MicroBaker potatoes from the microwave, they will be hot! Pull easy open strip and let cool.
- Cut the potato in half lengthwise. Use a spoon to scoop out the potato’s insides into a bowl.
- Put the empty potato skins upside down on a baking sheet, and broil them for 7 minutes to make them crispy.
- While the skins are crisping, put the broccoli florets and the water in a pot, cover the pot with the lid, and cook medium heat for 7 minutes, or until the broccoli is bright green.
- Add the sour cream to the potato innards, and mash with a fork. When the broccoli is done, use a slotted spoon to remove from the water and add to the potato mixture. Add the crumbled bacon and scallions if desired. Add salt and pepper to taste. Stir well.
- Remove the skins from the oven and turn them right side-up. Spoon the filling into the skins. Sprinkle the cheese on top. Then broil for 7 minutes, or until the cheese melts and the filling is hot.
Source: Big Snacks Little Meals