- Preparation: Easy
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings
- 1 9 inch refrigerated piecrust
- 1 large MicroBaker Yam/Sweet Potato
- ½ ripe banana, sliced ¼ inch thick
- 2 tsp dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ⅓ cup raw sugar, such as Sugar in the Raw
- 3 Tbsp light brown sugar
- ¾ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 375°. Roll out the dough and press into a 4 x 14 inch rectangular or 9 inch round tart pan with a removable bottom; trim the top edge. Set the pan on a baking sheet. Prick the dough several times with a fork and bake until lightly golden, 15 minutes. (Prick the tart shell if the dough puffs up during baking.)
- Meanwhile, following MicroBaker Yam/Sweet Potato instructions on the package, place unopened, sealed MicroBaker Yam/Sweet Potato in microwave. Do not puncture holes in wrap! Cook on HIGH for 6-8 minutes. Cooking times may vary. For 2 MicroBakers, cook 4 additional minutes. Potatoes may whistle in microwave. Use caution when removing MicroBaker Yam/Sweet Potatos from microwave, they will be hot! Pull easy open strip and let cool. Mash until smooth. Transfer 1 cup to a bowl.
- In a small, nonstick skillet, cook the banana slices with the dark brown sugar over medium heat, turning once, until caramelized, about 5 minutes. Mash the banana into the sweet potato, then stir in the eggs, cream, raw sugar, light brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice and salt.
- Pour the mixture into the pre-baked tart shell and bake until slightly puffed and set, about 35 minutes. Let cool on a rack at least 3 hours, or refrigerate overnight.
Source: Everyday with Rachael Ray, November 2006