- Preparation: Easy
- Prep Time: 2 hours to 1 day
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 large (1½ lbs) Pacific Gold Gold Potatoes, scrubbed
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup Pacific Gold Red Onion, diced
- 1 cup Pacific Gold White Onion, diced
- 4 green onions, including pale and dark green parts, chopped
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook the unpeeled whole potatoes until tender when pierced with a small knife, about 3 minutes. Drain the potatoes, let them cool, and refrigerate them until cold, at least 2 hours or up to 1 day. Peel the potatoes and cut into ½ inch cubes.
- In a large, heavy nonstick frying pan, melt 2 Tbsp of the butter with the oil over medium-high heat. Add the potatoes, red onion, and white onion and toss to coat. Saute, tossing every 3 or 4 minutes, until the potatoes are light brown and the onions are just beginning to brown, about 15 minutes total. Sprinkle with 1 tsp kosher salt and ½ tsp pepper. Toss to blend. Cook until the potatoes and onions are golden brown, about 5 minutes longer. Add the green onions and remaining 1 Tbsp butter. Toss until the butter melts and the green onions just wilt, about 1 minute. Transfer the home fries to a bowl and serve.
Source: Williams Sonoma Potato by Selma Brown Morrow