- Preparation: Easy
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time:
- Yield: 8 servings
- ½ Tbsp Olé Pacifica Key Lime zest
- ½ cup fresh Olé Pacifica Key Lime juice
- ½ cup sugar
- pinch of salt
- 3 large eggs
- ¾ stick unsalted butter, cut into bits
- ⅔ cup chilled heavy cream
- Whisk together zest, juice, sugar, salt, and eggs in a small heavy saucepan. Add butter and cook over medium-low heat, whisking frequently, until thick enough to hold marks of whisk, about 5 minutes. Force through a fine-mesh sieve into a bowl, then quick-chill in an ice bath, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes.
- Beat cream until it holds stiff peaks, then fold into custard gently but thoroughly. Spoon into glasses and chill at least 2 hours and up to 12 hours.
Source: Gourmet Magazine, March 2009 issue