- Preparation: Easy
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings
- For the Crust:
- 1¼ cups graham cracker crumbs
- 5 Tbsp butter or margarine, melted
- For the Pie:
- 3 large egg yolks
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 Tbsp Olé Pacifica Key Lime rind, grated
- ½ cup fresh Olé Pacifica Key Lime juice
- green food coloring (optional)
- ½ cup whipping cream
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. For the crust, place the graham cracker crumbs in a bowl and add the butter. Stir to combine. Press the crumbs evenly over the bottom and sides of a 9 inch pie plate or pan. Bake for 8 minutes. Let cool.
- Beat the yolks until thick. Beat in the milk, lime rind and juice and coloring, if using. Pour into the pre-baked pie crust and refrigerate until set, about 4 hours.
- To serve, whip the cream. Pipe a lattice pattern on top, or spoon dollops around the edge.
Source: Simply Desserts, Sweet Sensations for Every Occasion by Rosemary Wilkinson