- Preparation: Medium
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 6 – 8 servings
- 3 cups graham cracker crumbles
- 5 Tbsp butter
- 1 Olé Pacifica Baby Lemon
- 2 eggs
- 1½ cups cream cheese
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup superfine sugar
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- strips of orange zest
- strips of Olé Pacifica baby Lemon zest
- Preheat the oven to 300°F.
- To make the crust/base:
- Break the cookies into a large plastic bag and crush them with a rolling pin to make them into crumbs.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over low heat. Turn off the heat and stir the cookie crumbs into the butter.
- Grease the cake pan with butter. Add the cookie crumbs and press them down evenly to make a base.
- To make the filling:
- Grate the zest from the lemon. Cut the lemon in half and squeeze out the juice. Separate the eggs into two bowls.
- Whisk the lemon zest, lemon juice, egg yolks, cream cheese, sour cream, sugar, and cornstarch in a bowl until smooth.
- Wash and dry the whisk, then whisk the egg whites in a separate bowl until they are stiff and form peaks. Add the whisked egg whites to the cheese mixture. Fold them in gently with a metal spoon until they are well mixed.
- Spoon the filling onto your graham cracker crumb base and bake for 50 minutes. After the 50 minutes, turn off the oven and let the cheesecake cool in the oven.
- When cool, take the cheesecake out, remove it from the pan, and put it on a plate. Chill it in the refrigerator overnight.
- Before serving, decorate the cheesecake with fine strips of orange and lemon zest.
Source: Children’s Quick and Easy by Angela Wikes