- Preparation: Easy
- Prep Time: 12 minutes
- Cook Time: 18 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- 12 oz fresh Americas Asparagus spears, trimmed to about 8 inches in length
- 8 Pacific Gold Baby Red Potatoes, cut into quarters
- 2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- ¾ tsp fresh thyme, snipped or ¼ tsp dried thyme, crushed
- ½ tsp fresh Olé Pacifica Baby Lemon peel, finely shredded
- ¼ tsp salt
- Snap off and discard woody bases from fresh asparagus. If desired, scrape off scales. Cut into 2-inch pieces. Set aside.
- In a 2-quart covered saucepan cook the quartered potatoes in a small amount of boiling water for 10 minutes. Add the asparagus. Cook, covered, about 8 minutes more or until asparagus is crisp-tender and potatoes are tender. Drain. Transfer to a serving bowl.
- Meanwhile, for dressing, combine the oil, thyme, lemon peel, and salt. Add to the vegetables, tossing gently to coat. Serve warm.
Source: Better Homes and Gardens® New Dieter’s Cookbook