- Preparation: Easy
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings
- Potato Croutons:
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ⅓ cup red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 1 small Pacific Gold White Onion, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ½ tsp crushed fennel seeds chopped
- ½ tsp salt
- dash ground red pepper
- 1 lb Pacific Gold Russet Potatoes, scrubbed
- Tarragon Dressing:
- ½ cup raspberry vinegar
- 2 Tbsp shallot, minced
- 1 Tbsp freshly squeezed Olé Pacifica Baby Lemon
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 Tbsp fresh tarragon, chopped
- 1 tsp honey
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Rub 2 cookie sheets with 2 Tbsp of the olive oil. Mix the red pepper, onion, vinegar, remaining olive oil, fennel seeds, salt, and ground red pepper together in a medium bowl. Slice the potatoes very thin by hand, or with an adjustable blade slicer, if you have one, and add them to the red pepper, onion, fennel mixture. Toss well to incorporate all the flavors of the seasonings, onions, and peppers. Spread the mixture of red pepper, onion, fennel, and potato onto the cookie sheets and bake for 15 minutes. Turn them over and bake 5 to 15 minutes more, until the potatoes become crisp and the edges are browned.
- Wisk the dressing ingredients in a medium bowl until the honey is dissolved and everything is thoroughly mixed.
- Pour ⅓ cup of the dressing over the greens and toss thoroughly. Arrange on 6 salad plates, and then crumble ½ tsp goat cheese over each salad. Garnish with equal portions of the baked potato crouton, red pepper, onion medley. Pour the remainder of the dressing into a small bowl and pass at the table.
Source: The Healthy Kitchen by Andrew Weil, M.D. and Rosie Daley