- Preparation: Easy
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 cups
- 2 cups Pacific Gold Red Potatoes, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 2 cups Nature’s Bounty Organic Yam/Sweet Potatoes, cut into 1 inch chunks
- salt and pepper
- 3 strips thick-sliced bacon, diced
- ½ cup Pacific Gold White Onion, diced
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- ½ cup scallions, chopped
- pepper to taste
- Boil potatoes in a large pot over high heat in salted water to cover. Cook until tender,
- 18-20 minutes; drain.
- Fry bacon in a large sauté pan over medium heat until crisp; remove from pan. Pour off all but 1 Tbsp drippings; add onion and sauté 3-4 minutes.
- Deglaze with vinegar and sugar, and cook 2 minutes. Stir in mustard, simmer 2-3 minutes, then add potatoes, reserved bacon, scallions, salt, and pepper; toss to coat.
Source: Cuisine at Home; Weeknight Menus, Volume 2