- Preparation: Easy
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 60 minutes
- Yield: 4 – 6 servings
- 5 (2 lbs) Pacific Gold Russet Potatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 large leeks, trimmed
- 7 oz ripe Brie or Camembert cheese, sliced
- 2 cups cream
- freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Peel the potatoes and cut into slices ⅛ inch thick.
- In a large pan, cook the potatoes in plenty of lightly salted, boiling water for 3 minutes, until slightly softened, drain. Cut the leeks into ½ inch lengths and blanch them in the boiling water for 1 minute, until softened, then drain.
- Turn half the potatoes into a shallow, ovenproof dish and spread them out to the edge. Cover with ⅔ of the leeks, then add the remaining potatoes. Tuck the slices of cheese and the remaining leeks in among the top layer of potatoes. Season with the salt and pepper and pour the cream over.
- Bake for 1 hour, until tender and golden. Cover with foil if the top starts to over-brown before the potatoes are tender.
Rinsing/Trimming Leeks Tip:
- To prepare a leek, trim off the roots and cut off and discard the dark green tops, leaving only the white and pale green parts. Halve the leek lengthwise, leaving the long layers attached at the root end. Hold the leek under cold running water, separating the layers to wash away any dirt. Drain, cut side down, on paper towels before slicing.
Source: Best Ever Three & Four Ingredient Cookbook by Jenny White & Joanna Farrow