- Preparation: Easy
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 potatoes
- 4 MicroBaker Organic Russet Potatoes
- 2 Tbsp butter
- &frac13 cup milk
- ½ cup cheddar cheese, grated
- salt and pepper
- To Decorate:
- green onions
- cherry tomatoes
- Following MicroBaker potato instructions on the package, place unopened, sealed MicroBaker potatos in the microwave. Do NOT put puncture holes in the wrap! Cooking 2 potatoes at a time, on HIGH, cook 12-14 minutes. Cooking times may vary. Potatoes may whistle in microwave. Use caution when removing MicroBaker potatoes from the microwave, they will be hot! Pull easy open strip and let cool.
- Meanwhile, preheat your broiler.
- When the potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut off the tops and carefully scoop out the soft potato centers. You can throw away the tops (or eat them).
- Mash the soft centers with the butter, milk, three quarters of the cheese, salt and pepper. Then put the mixture back into the potato skins.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese on the potatoes and cook under the broiler for a few minutes until golden.
- Make a nose and whiskers with half a tomato held in place with a toothpick and chives tucked behind it.
- Finish decorating with raisin eyes, radish ears, and green onion tails.
Source: Mom and Me Cookbook by Annabel Karmel