- Preparation: Easy
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 – 15 minutes
- Yield: 8 cups
- 1 lb Pacific Gold Baby Red Potatoes, unpeeled
- 1 lb Pacific Gold Baby White Potatoes, unpeeled
- 1 lb Pacific Gold Baby Blue Potatoes, peeled
- 1 cup green onions, chopped, divided
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- 4 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 cups fresh peas, or one 10 ounce package frozen, thawed
- 1½ cups crumbled blue cheese (about 6 ounces)
- Place all potatoes in large saucepan. Add enough water to cover by 1 inch. Sprinkle with salt. Bring to boil, reduce heat to medium, and boil until tender, 10 to 15 minutes (time will vary depending on size and variety of potatoes). Drain and cool to room temperature.
- Whisk ½ cup green onions and next 7 ingredients in medium bowl. Cover and chill dressing.
Note: Dressing can be made 1 day ahead. Keep chilled.
- Cut potatoes into ½ inch thick slices and place in large bowl. Add dressing, peas, and blue cheese; toss gently. Cover and chill at least 2 hours and up to 1 day.
- Sprinkle potato salad with paprika and remaining ½ cup green onions.
KITCHEN TIP: You’ll notice that the water turns blue as you’re cooking the blue potatoes, don’t worry – it won’t discolor the white and red potatoes.
Source: Bon Appétit Magazine, July 2006 issue