- Preparation: Easy
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 60 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings
- 6 medium (3 lbs) MicroBaker Potatoes
- 1 Tbsp butter or 3 tbsp margarine
- 7 cups Pacific Gold Yellow Onions, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- ¾ cup gruyère cheese, shredded
- Following “MicroBaker” potato instructions on the package, place unopened, sealed “MicroBaker” potato in microwave. Do not put puncture holes in wrap! Cook potato on HIGH for 7-8 minutes. Cooking 2 potatoes at a time, cook 12-14 minutes. Cooking times may vary. Potatoes may whistle in microwave. Use caution when removing “MicroBaker” potatoes from microwave, they will be hot! Pull easy open strip and let cool.
- Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook 20 minutes or until browned. Stir in chopped fresh rosemary and black pepper.
- Preheat broiler. Split potatoes lengthwise, cutting to, but not through, other side. Spoon about ⅓ cup onion mixture into each potato. Sprinkle each serving with 2 Tbsp shredded Gruyère cheese. Broil 3 minutes or until cheese is lightly browned.
Source: Cooking Light, October 2006