- Preparation: Easy
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- 3 Tbsp butter, plus more for spreading
- 2 cups Walla Walla Sweet Onion, chopped
- 1 head garlic (about 20 cloves), peeled and quartered
- 1 (32 oz) beef broth
- 2 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 baguette, sliced into rounds
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the broiler. In a stockpot or Dutch oven, melt 3 Tbsp butter over medium heat. Add the sweet onion and garlic and cook until softened, about 10 minutes. Add the beef broth and thyme, bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Toast the baguette under the broiler until lightly browned; remove and spread with butter.
- Remove the soup from the heat, add the vinegar and season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve with the Parmesan and the toast.
Source: Everyday with Rachael Ray Magazine