- Preparation: Easy
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time:
- Yield: 4 servings
- 3 ripe tomatoes, cut into ¼ inch thick slices
- 1 Walla Walla Sweet Onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp fresh mint, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp fresh chives, chopped
- 4 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp minced fresh garlic
- To prepare salad, alternate tomato and sweet onion slices on a platter. Sprinkle with salt. Top with mint and chives.
- To prepare vinaigrette, combine oil, vinegar, mustard, and garlic in a jar. Cover tightly; shake vigorously. Drizzle vinaigrette over salad.
Source: The Best of Cooking Light: Kitchen Secrets, 2008 issue